Tuesday 10 September 2013

Short film package

Creating a short film is one of my options. We have to make sure it is around 5 minutes long. The film can be about anything you want e.g. a documentary, thriller.

For AS we had to create an opening title sequence for a film therefore meaning that short film this is very open to me as i can find many links when evaluating. However i have decided to watch a couple of short films to get a the grasp of what goes onto camera, editing, sound and mise-en-scene.

Magnetic:



I really enjoyed watching Magnetic. I liked how there was a build up and we saw the character grow and get more obsessive with magnets. It was very easy to follow yet not boring but very tense making me want to watch to the end. The fact there was only non-diegetic sound made the whole film more effective in the sense it helped build the tension needed.

The title sequence at the start was plain and simple so after my experience of making my title sequence last year i would enjoy this part of the task if i were to choose short film.

After watching Magnetic i have decided that the short film brief is a big possiblitity.

No comments:

Post a Comment